BFGoodrich tires for more than 3 decades have been proven to be a good choice for sports cars, drag, trucks driving on extremely rocky, desert, dirt, snow, and ice, as well as dry surface.
There are the latest technologies employed in making BFGoodrich tires offer great performance, thereby rendering motoring life much more enjoyable, easier and desirable on all occasions and for a chosen purpose.
Let’s get to know more about the two BFGoodrich tires – T/A KO2 and Rugged Trail T/A.
All-Terrain T/A KO2 Performance
The All-Terrain T/A KO2 (2nd generation KO tire) is an On and Off-Road all-weather light truck tire made to meet the needs of jeep, pickup truck, and sport utility vehicle drivers who want confidence and control.
You will enjoy the tire’s considerable grip on the slippery, wet, and dry surface, as well as in snow and any wintry condition.
It has a tough side-wall with a race-proven Core guard to combat road hazards.
It delivers optimal capability and ensures long wear in tough environments.
Also, the tire is built with strong split/bruise-resistant sidewall rubber to guide against punctures.
Branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol, the BFGoodrich all-terrain T/A KO2 tire meets the industry’s severe snow requirements and carries a 50,000miles manufacturer’s warranty.
Apart from its affordable retail price, you sure will enjoy smooth and excellent traction in most weather conditions with BFGoodrich all-terrain T/A KO2 tires.
- The racing cut-chip and tear-resistant tread compound on All-Terrain T/A KO2 deliver long life; combines off-road durability and good traction with on-road handling and considerably low noise.
- All-Terrain T/A KO2’s tread compound is molded into an aggressive, computer-optimized, high-void pattern with interlocking tread blocks, simple siping, and multiple stone and other object ejectors.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Upper shoulder Sidewall Armor carries a tougher and doubled sidewall rubber compound and a Serrated Shoulder Design that delivers additional traction by providing the clawing action necessary to develop traction-steering control in deep dirt, sand, or on a rock in an “aired down” off-road driving.
- The tire is built with strong split/bruise-resistant sidewall rubber to guide against punctures.
- It is branded with the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol, thereby meeting the industry’s severe snow requirements.
- The All-Terrain T/A KO2 was designed to deliver go-anywhere performance with outstanding durability, great wear, and all-year-round traction, even in snow.
- The single-strand bead (which is wrapped severally to attain desired strength) enhances the tire’s fitness to the wheel to improve uniformity and ensure a quality ride.
- All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires labeled “DT” utilizes a different tread compound designed to improve wear in high-torque applications and improved chip and tear resistance in gravel.
LT 215/75R15100/97S C BSW, LT 235/75R15104/101S C RWL, LT 30X9.50R15104S C RWL, LT 31X10.50R15109S C RWL, LT 32X11.50R15113R C RWL, LT 33X10.50R15114R C RWL, LT 33X12.50R15108R C RWL, LT 35X12.50R15113Q C RWL, LT 215/65R16103/100S D BSW
LT 215/70R16100/97R C RWL, LT 225/70R16102/99R C RWL, LT 225/75R16115/112S E RWL, LT 235/70R16104/101S C RWL, LT 235/85R16120/116S E RWL, LT 245/70R16113/110S D RWL, LT 245/75R16120/116S E RWL, LT 255/70R16120/117S E RWL, LT 265/70R16121/118S E RWL, LT 265/75R16123/120R E RWL, LT 275/70R16119/116S D RWL, LT 285/75R16126/123R E RWL, LT 295/75R16128/125R E RWL, LT 305/70R16124/121R E RWL, LT 315/75R16127/124R E RWL
LT 225/65R17 107S D BSW, LT 235/80R17 120/117S E BSW, LT 245/65R17 111/108S D RWL, LT 245/70R17 119/116S E RWL, LT 245/75R17 121/118S E RWL, LT 255/65R17 114/110S D RWL, LT 255/70R17 121/118S E BSW, LT 255/75R17 111/108S C BSW, LT 265/65R17 120/117S E RWL, LT 265/70R17 112/109S C RWL, LT 265/70R17 118/115S D RWL, LT 265/70R17 121/118S E RWL, LT 275/65R17 121/118S E RWL, LT 275/70R17 121/118R E RWL, LT 285/70R17 121/118R E RWL, LT 285/70R17 116/113Q C BSW, LT 285/70R17 116/113Q C RWL, LT 285/75R17 121/118S E BSW, LT 305/65R17 121/118R E RWL, LT 315/70R17 113/110S C BSW, LT 315/70R17 121/118S E BSW, LT 33X12.50R17 120S E BSW, LT 34X10.50R17 120R D RWL, LT 35X12.50R17 121R E RWL, LT 37X12.50R17124R D RWL, LT 255/55R18109/105R D BSW, LT 255/70R18117/114S D BSW
LT 265/60R18 119/116S E BSW, LT 265/65R18 122/119R E RWL, LT 265/70R18 124/121R E RWL, LT 275/65R18 123/120R E RWL, LT 275/70R18 125/122R E RWL, LT 285/60R18 118/115S D RWL, LT 285/65R18 125/122R E RWL, LT 305/65R18 124/121R E BSW, LT 305/70R18 126/123R E RWL, LT 325/65R18 127/124R E RWL, LT 33X12.50R18 118S E BSW, LT 34X12.50R18 121R E BSW, LT 35X12.50R18 123R E RWL, LT 265/60R20 121/118S E BSW, LT 275/55R20 115/112S D BSW
LT 275/60R20 119/116S D BSW, LT 275/65R20 126/123S E BSW, LT 285/55R20 117/114T D BSW, LT 285/60R20 125/122S E BSW, LT 285/65R20 127/124S E BSW, LT 295/55R20 123/120R E BSW, LT 295/60R20 126/123R E BSW, LT 295/65R20 129/126R E BSW, LT 305/55R20 121/118S E BSW, LT 325/60R20 126/123S E BSW, LT 33X12.50R20 114S E BSW, LT 35X12.50R20 121R E BSW, LT 37X12.50R20126R E BSW.
- Three-peak mountain snowflake symbol
- A 50,000miles manufacturer’s warranty
- Strong split/bruise-resistant sidewall rubber
- Core guard
- Low noise
- Serrated Shoulder Design
- None worth mentioning
As you could see, we could not find any disadvantage of this tire model.
The only thing we can add is to say that this is an all-terrain tire that is strong and that was built to last.
You will not be able to find a better tire in this class available today.
Rugged Trail T/A Performance
Originally developed for farm and other construction implements as required by vehicle manufacturers, the Rugged Trail T/A tire size range has been expanded to fit a wide range of light truck applications.
It is worth emphasizing that the Rugged Trail T/A is for all-weather, all-terrain, on- and off-road, Light Trucks, and lightweight equipment.
It has aggressive off-road looks and enjoys all-year-round traction even in light snow.
That is not an exceptional tire, but the Rugged Trail T/A tire comes with a 50,000-mile tread life manufacturer’s warranty for all sizes.
It has an impressive appearance and its circumferential grooves enhance a fantastic grip on wet roads.
However, Rugged Trail T/A is not so good for off-road, wet, and mud surfaces, being that tread gets stuck easily.
It is relatively noisy on gravel and paved highway, while it wears easily and unevenly.
- The Rugged Trail T/A has twin steel belts supported by BFGoodrich’s Equal Tension Containment System (ETEC System) designed for better durability.
- It comes along with a flexible, shock-absorbing two-ply polyester cord sidewall to provide a comfortable highway ride.
- The Rugged Trail T/A molds an all-season tread rubber compound into a computer-designed symmetric tread pattern built to meet the needs of each Original Equipment vehicle with independent intermediate tread blocks providing necessary biting edges to enhance bad weather traction.
P 235/75R15 108T XL OWL, P 265/70R15 110T SL OWL, LT 31X10.50R15 109R C OWL
LT 225/75R16 115R E BSW, P 235/60R16 99T SL BSW, P 235/70R16 104T SL BSW, P 235/75R16109T XL OWL, LT 235/85R16 120R E OWL, P 245/70R16 106T SL OWL, LT 245/75R16 120/116R E OWL, P 245/75R16 109T SL OWL, P 255/70R16 109T SL OWL, P 265/70R16 111T SL OWL, LT 265/75R16 123/120R E OWL, P 275/70R16 114T SL OWL, LT 285/75R16 126/123R E OWL, P 235/70R17 108T XL BSW, P 235/75R17 108T SL OWL
LT 235/80R17 120R E OWL, P 245/65R17 105T SL BSW, P 245/70R17 108T SL OWL, P 255/70R17110T SL OWL, P 265/65R17 110T SL OWL, P 265/70R17 113T SL OWL, LT 285/70R17 121/118R E OWL, P 285/70R17 117T SL OWL, P 255/70R18 112T SL OWL
P 265/60R18 109T SL BSW, P 265/65R18 112T SL OWL, P 265/70R18 114T SL OWL, LT 275/65R18 123/120R E OWL, LT 275/70R18 125/122R E OWL, P 275/55R20 111T SL BSW
P 275/60R20 114T SL BSW, LT 275/65R20 126/123R E OWL.
- Excellent dry traction
- Cornering grip and stability is better than expected
- Great off-road performance
- Comfortable ride without noise
- Winter handling should be made better
- Treadlife is not satisfactory
- Relatively noisy
This is definitely one of the tires that should be taken into consideration, as it belongs to a group of the best.
It offers good stability and cornering grip, even though there are some serious issues when wet traction on the street is in question.
In case you drive too fast there will be some hydroplaning.
All-Terrain T/A KO2 and Rugged Trail T/A are two of the same company’s products for variety use and preferred by many drivers depending on their peculiar needs.
While the All-terrain T/A KO2 is suitable for jeep, pickup truck, and sport utility vehicles, the Rugged Trail T/A is specifically designed for on- and off-road Light Trucks and light-weight construction equipment.
The prices of the two brands are affordable and they both boast good traction and moderate handling.
However, we only can recommend the all-terrain T/A KO2 if you need to choose between the brands analyzed.
We hope you will find our Bf Goodrich tires review interesting and fascinating towards making the right choice.
If you have a review of these tires, comment or question kindly leave it in the box below, as we will be glad to hear from you.