Bridgestone tire company launched 5 new tires earlier this year.
Then later this year, there was the all-terrain tire addition which is Firestone Destination X/T and Firestone Destination A/T2.
The Firestone X/T is Firestone’s all-terrain tire designed for light trucks and engineered to deliver good highway performance with exceptional off-road capabilities.
Let’s get to know more about the new all-terrain tire from its technology, warranty to performance, and available sizes in the market.
Firestone Destination X/T
The Destination X/T comes with Firestone’s 5 years or 50,000 miles or 80,000-km limited treadwear warranty.
Also, comes with a uniformity warranty for the first 2/32 inch of wear with workmanship and materials warranty for 5 years and free replacement for the first 3 years then prorated until the last 2/32-inch depth.
Firestone Destination X/T tire also comes with a 90-day buy and try guarantee.
So, if you are not satisfied with the performance of the tire, you can return it within 90 days and get an exchange or full refund.
About The New Destination X/T
Firestone Tire and Rubber Company is an American tire company founded by Harvey Firestone in the year 1900, and it used to be into supplying solid rubber side wire tires for fire apparatus.
But, they soon ventured into producing and marketing tires for automobiles in large quantities.
The company was also producing original equipment for Ford Motor Company automobiles and it is active in the replacement market.
However, since the year 1988, the company is owned by Bridgestone.
The Firestone Destination X/T is an all-terrain tire engineered for heavy trucks and extreme off-road applications.
The X/T features a specially designed tread rubber compound that improves its off-road performance and has a lot in common with the A/T2.
Asides from the fact that they are both all-terrain tires, the destination X/T also shares many of the technologies embedded into the A/T2 that aid better performance and overall abilities.
The Destination X/T is great on a snowy surface and snowy conditions and has even been tested; that is why it is branded with the three-peak mountain snowflakes’ symbol (3PMSF).
This symbol shows you are good to go with this tire even in mild winter conditions.
The Destination A/T has delivered a great all-terrain performance so far, but the company is now breaking it into two separate products which are the Destination A/T2 and Destination X/T.
The A/t2 is for light pickups, SUVs, and all-terrain vehicles while X/T is for heavier trucks with the target customer been all-terrain enthusiasts.
It is available in 25 sizes from 15 inches to 20 inches, Bridgestone promises more sizes.
As Stated By Bridgestone
“Drivers of pickup and light trucks, SUVs, and all-terrain vehicles have high expectations for their tires, they want a versatile product with uncompromising quality,” said Erik Seidel, president, consumer replacement tire sales, U.S and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations.
“We designed the Firestone Destination A/T2 and Firestone Destination X/T tires to offer the best of both worlds.
These tires are tough enough to tackle the most challenging terrain while still providing a comfortable, quiet ride for frequent highway trips.”
“It gives you that typical, more aggressive all-terrain look and feeling, while at the same time, we’ve been able to maintain that good off-road [performance] without sacrificing that good on-road performance,” Blackwell said.
“We gave them prototypes and said, ‘tell us how we can improve these designs,’” Robbins said.
“We’re really happy with where both of these products landed.”
- The X/T features an all-new compound and specially designed tread rubber compound for durable on-road performance with great performance on gravel, dirt, and rough roads while reducing damage from stone drilling or tear.
- Its full depth interlocking 3D sipe technology aids even wear through the tire’s tread life.
- Its tread compound is molded into an aggressive symmetric pattern which helps to blend off-road capability with on-road drive comfort.
- Features aggressive shoulder tread pattern that creates more biting edges for enhanced off-road handling.
- Its high void pattern has a solid center rib that improves its road contact when driving.
- The deep tread depths, void in the tread, and open shoulder help improve stopping distance, handling on a wet surface, and reduce the risk of hydroplaning by evacuating water from its path.
- High lateral edge density and interlocking lug design for better snow traction while its block wall ridges in its outboard grooves bite into the snow for enhanced grip on a snow surface.
- Its internal construction features a two-ply polyester casing for durability and better ride quality.
- Nylon reinforcement ply for durability and higher speed capability.
- Firestone’s TractionTech Package features full-depth and interlocking sipes for stability, durability, and good traction all through the tire’s tread life.
- Features staggered shoulder lugs, full depth interlocking 3D sipe technology with an open shoulder for heavy-duty capacity.
The X/T is available in 25 sizes, covering more than 98% of light trucks and SUVs as stated by Bridgestone.
Top fitments include the Chevy Silverado, Ford F250, Ford F350, and GMC Sierra.
30X9.50R15LT 104R, 31X10.50R15LT 109R, 33X12.50R15LT 108R
LT215/85R16 115/112S, LT225/75R16 115/112S, LT235/85R16 120/116S, LT245/75R16 120/116S, LT265/75R16 123/120S, LT285/75R16 126/123R
LT235/80R17 120/117S, LT245/70R17 119/116S, LT245/75R17 121/118S, LT255/75R17 111/108T, LT265/70R17 121/118S, LT285/70R17 121/118S, LT315/70R17 121/118R
LT265/70R18 124/121S, LT275/65R18 123/120S, LT275/70R18 125/122S, LT285/65R18 125/122R, 35X12.5R18 LT123R
LT265/60R20 121/118S, LT275/65R20 126/123S, LT285/60R20 125/122S, 35X12.5R20 LT121R
- All-new compound and specially designed tread rubber compound
- Full-depth interlocking 3D sipe technology
- High lateral edge density and interlocking lug design
- Surprisingly quiet
- Not ideal during wet weather
- A bit stiffer ride
This tire is engineered to deliver off-road capabilities with durability on the harshest terrain without sacrificing its good performance on the highway and generally on road.
The Destination X/T is a good choice to pick if you are an off-road enthusiast or use your vehicle for more heavy lifting or you drive heavy trucks.
We hope you found our Firestone Destination X/T reviews helpful.
You could take advantage of the customer’s 90 days buy and try guarantee to test the tires awesomeness for yourself, and if it does not suit your driving style, then you can return it within 90 days.
If you have a question, comment or review, leave it in the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you.