The Michelin X Tweel SSL 2 airless radial tires is one single unit available in two tread patterns all-terrain and hard-surface version for use in various off-road applications. Designed for predominant off-road applications, the Michelin Tweel SSL2 All-terrain is constructed with a 31/32-inch tread depth with 10/32-inch of under-tread.
It is released to replace the current tire-wheel-valve assembly. There is no need for complex wheel-tire mounting equipment and once the Tweel unit is bolted on, there is no air pressure to maintain.
The tires is suitable for skid steer loaders, moffetts and some truck-mounted forklifts. Reliable all-year-round, the addition of the new SSL 2 application will allow skid steer customers to achieve enhanced durability in demanding environments.
Tweel SSL2 is built for work done on hard surfaces such as asphalt and pavement, requires no air thus eliminating risk of a flat tire and its outer core tread can be retreaded multiple times. The outer core tread can be retreaded multiple times for an effective overall cost of ownership.
Tweel SSL2 tire (both replacement and original equipment) comes with a limited warranty for tread-wear and a 60-day satisfaction guarantee.
Tweel SSL2 comes with high-packed technologies yet maintains key benefits of first generation version. It features mechanical hub connection versus chemical adhesion used in the first generation but enhanced with its first embedded 8-bolt hub that is interlocked mechanically to increase durability and drivability.
The airless radial tire performs like a pneumatic tire with none of the risk of flats as a result of puncture or the ride limitations of solid and semi-solid tires. It’s consistent footprint and tread designed present it to last 2-3 times longer than a pneumatic tire at equal tread depth and capable of being retreaded.
The tires is designed to provide maximum tread life on pavement; its outstanding stability contributes to high machine productivity while the uniqueness of the spoke design helps reduce “bounce” and driver fatigue associated with pneumatic tires.
With Tweel SSL2 tire there is no need for maintenance, no compromise and no downtime. It requires no air, thereby eliminating the risk of a flat tire and allowing users to stay in operation with limited downtime to maximize profitability.
TWEEL SSL delivers the advantages of easy mounting, damage resistance, operator comfort, improved productivity and longer wear-life. It enhances firmer grip of the road surface and in all conditions.
- Tweel SSL2 hard-surface models comes in a 12N16.5 with a 48/32 tread depth and 8/32 of under-tread to increase wear in high-scrub applications.
- All-terrain model is constructed with 12N16.5 with a 31/32-inch tread depth and 12/32 under-tread.
- The improved shear beam construction maximizes core life
- Its new spoke formulation provides up to 10 times greater spoke life
- The interlocked hub is designed to increase durability in demanding conditions.
- This all-terrain version utilizes an embedded 8-bolt mechanically-interlocked hub to increase durability.
- Its extra deep tread helps provide maximum tread life on pavement. A deep layer of under-tread means the core can be retreaded again and again.
- Its zero degree composiCoil belts (under the tread) and proprietary design provide great lateral stiffness, while resisting damage and absorbing impacts.
- The tire’s high strength poly-resin spokes carry the load and absorb impacts which help to dampen the ride and provide a unique energy transfer that reduces pneumatic bounce.
- The deep open tread designed enhances excellent cleaning and traction
- Maximized tread-life
- Grips better
- Low noise
It’s a new tire with no negative comments for now.
All MICHELIN passenger and light truck replacement tires, and original equipment tires (including the new Tweel SSL2) are covered by a limited mileage warranty for tread-wear, as well as a limited warranty which covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. It also enjoys a 60-day Satisfaction guarantee.
Michelin X Tweel SSL 2 tire offers the advantages of no maintenance, no compromise and no downtime. It cannot be punctured by any gravel, iron or sharp objects as it requires no air thereby eliminating the risk of a flat tire thus allowing users to stay in operation with limited downtime to maximize profitability.
Tweel SSL also delivers the advantages of easy mounting, damage resistance, exceptional operator comfort, reduced fatigue, improved productivity and longer wear-life than standard pneumatic tires.