The Discoverer AT3 XLT is one of cooper’s all-terrain tires in the Cooper Discoverer AT3 line, the Discoverer AT3 line consist of three products. The Discoverer AT3 XLT, Discoverer AT3 LT for heavy trucks with capabilities to haul heavy load and Discoverer AT3 4S that is engineered for performance SUV and pickup truck.
Cooper discoverer AT3 XLT is an all-terrain tire with all the features, ability and excellent all terrain performance level, just like the discoverer LT will give while getting a better and more stylish look compared to the LT. With shoulders that gives enhanced mud traction, handles rock crawling well and resist puncture.
The Discoverer AT3 XLT is designed for drivers of pick-up trucks and full size SUVs that desires tough tires that can take on off-road drive and still deliver a comfortable on road ride with year round performance. This tire has a stylish look and an off-road durability that can tackle dirt, gravel, mud and rocks, let’s get to know more of this tire in this Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT review.
- Durable-tread technology that makes the tread shred resistant with the presence of the shred resistant silica compound
- Presence of whisper grooves in the outboard tread blocks that help reduction of road noise
- In the shoulder there is an alternating scoop and cleat lugs for better grip when driving off-road, on mud, rock etc.
- There are deep circumferential channels and wide lateral notches to reduce the risk of hydroplaning
- Even wear arc technology for balanced pressure through the tread when driving, better handling and even tread wear.
- Stone ejector ledges to prevent punctures from stone drilling when driving on rough roads
- Features multiple zigzag sipes in each tread block and adds to its biting edges for better traction on slippery surface.
- Snow groove technology traps snow in its tread using tooth block edges and this gives a snow to snow contact thereby getting better snow traction
- Presence of robust two-ply polyester casing in its internal construction
- Two high steel belts with a single nylon reinforcement for better handling, durability and stability when driving.
Comes with 60,000 Miles treadlife warranty. Uniformity Warranty for the first 2/32 inch of wear. Also, there is workmanship and materials warranty.
Consumer get free replacement for the first 2/32 inch of wear, then it is prorated to the 2/32 inch remaining.
Cooper equips this tire with 45 days road test warranty, and so you can purchase them and return within 45 days if you are not pleased with your purchase.
- 45-Day Test Drive
- 60,000 Mile Treadlife warranty
- Durable tread technology for off-road performance
- Stops on average at least 10 feet shorter on wet roads
- Excellent off-road performance
- On road drive comfort
- Great looks
- Year round performance
- They could get louder when they start to wear, if they are not rotated often and appropriately
The Discoverer AT3 line is built with all terrain capabilities but designed for different vehicles, all three products are quality tires. Thereby earned recognition from SEMA and its consumers for its excellence. Also, you can check out two winter tires from cooper that is also gaining recognition as well, which is the Discoverer True North and Evolution winter that are both built to tackle serious winter condition.
The Discoverer XLT is built with great looks so, if you desire a stylish and aggressive looking tire to complement your truck then XLT is a good choice to pick. This tire is quiet just like the Discoverer 4S, too quiet for an all-terrain tire especially on highway hence, you get a comfortable and noiseless drive.
Even though it has excellent off-road abilities, it still delivers smooth on road drive with excellent traction on wet surface. Of course the off-road durability and performance is undeniable in the mud, on rocks, dirt or similar off-road surface. Also, it hurls and handles load very well so you don’t have to worry if you need it for some heavy lifting.
Performance on snow is good too, especially on light snow, you don’t have to worry about slipping or handling. You can use snow chain and it will be great for heavy snow or you could get snow truck tires for extreme winter condition if you choose.
31X10.5R15LT 109R, 32X11.5R15LT 113R, 33X12.5R15LT 108R
LT285/75R16 126/123R, LT295/75R16 128/125R, LT305/70R16 124/121R, LT315/75R16 127R
LT285/70R17 121/118S, LT285/75R17 121/118S, LT295/70R17 121/118R, LT305/70R17 121/118R, LT315/70R17 121/118S, 37X12.5R17LT 124R
LT265/70R18 124/121S, LT275/70R18 125/122S, LT285/65R18 125/122S, LT285/75R18 129/126S, LT295/70R18 129/126S, LT305/65R18 124/121S, 35X12.5R18LT 123R,
LT265/60R20 121/118R, LT275/55R20 120/117S, LT275/65R20 126/123S, LT285/55R20 122/119R, LT285/60R20 125/122S, LT285/65R20 127/124S, LT295/60R20 126/123S, LT305/55R20 121/118S, LT325/60R20 126/123R, 35X12.5R20LT 121R
If you are in for off-road and on road adventure then you will be impressed with the combination of highway smoothness and off-road capabilities this tire show off. Speak of hauling load or you just desire the abilities with a tire to complement your truck with good looks then this is a good choice to pick.
You can take advantage of their 45 day warranty too, we hope you found our Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT review helpful. If you have reviews to share, questions or comment, the leave it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.