One of Continental’s new releases belongs to the Crosscontact series – the LX25.
The Crosscontact LX25 is a touring all-season tire built to deliver all-season traction on wet, dry, and snow-covered surface with its price ranging from $139 to $248.
It is designed for crossovers or small SUVs while providing good handling with good traction on wet and dry surfaces, as well as on light snow.
In this Continental Crosscontact LX25 review, we will be checking what improvement Continental has done concerning this tire which makes it different from its predecessor.
Continental Crosscontact LX25
- Comfort ride technology places an absorption layer beneath the tread for good steering response and smooth ride.
- Circumferential grooves for easy passage of water to prevent hydroplaning when driving.
- Continental’s next-generation Ecoplus technology compound is molded into the symmetric tread pattern.
- Its continuous circumferential ribs help with noise reduction when driving.
- Lateral and diagonal sipes give more biting edges for increased traction on the slippery surface.
- Its traction groove is built to trap snow in its biting teeth for better snow-to-snow traction.
- Ecoplus technology tread compound aids better tread life.
- Polyester cord body present in its internal construction supports two heavy-duty steel belts.
- Spirally wound polyamide reinforcements for stability and better handling especially when driving at high speed.
The Continental Crosscontact LX25 is equipped with 6 years or 70,000 miles for the H and T speed rated tires, as well as 6 years or 65,000 miles for the V speed.
It comes with a uniformity warranty for the first year or first 2/32 inches of wear then prorated until the last 2/32 depth.
Road hazard warranty for the first year or first 2/32 inch, although there are terms and conditions applied, which you should check with Continental first.
This tire also comes with a 60 days trial from continental and 3 years of roadside assistance.
About The New LX25
The new Continental LX25 is the successor to the former LX20 which is an exceptional all-season touring tire.
The LX20 is built for light trucks, SUVs, and crossovers with an asymmetric tread design, and they both have the Ecoplus technology.
For the LX25, there is improved wet braking compared to the LX20.
The LX25 is also given some attention when it comes to its style as it is styled to complement any vehicle it is paired with.
It is also designed to be quiet and it features the Quickview indicator that keeps the driver informed about the tire performance.
In essence, the Crosscontact LX25 is an improved version of the LX20 which has been on the market since 2011 and has proven to deliver quality and excellence.
The LX25 improvement is more notable with its longer tread life and improved wet braking, as stated by Continental.
It comes with a UTQG rating of 740AA with speed ratings of H, T, and V.
The LX25 is available in a wide range of sizes ranging from 16’’ to 20’’ inch rim diameters.
This tire provides a good level of comfort, good grip, and fuel efficiency.
215/70R16 100T 215/70R16 100H 235/70R16 106T
225/55R17 97H, 225/65R17 102T, 225/65R17 102H 235/55R17 99H, 235/60R17 102H 235/65R17 108H, 245/65R17 107T
215/55R18 95H, 225/55R18 98H, 225/60R18100H, 235/50R18 97H, 235/55R18 100T, 235/55R18 100H, 235/60R18 103H, 235/60R18 107V, 235/65R18 106T, 235/65R18 106H, 245/60R18 105T, 245/60R18 105H, 255/55R18 109H, 255/65R18 111T, 265/60R18 110H
225/55R19 99V 235/50R19 99H, 235/55R19 101H, 235/55R19 105V, 245/55R19 103H, 255/50R19 107H, 255/60R19 109H, 275/55R19 111H20
235/55R20 102H, 235/55R20 102V, 245/50R20 102H, 265/45R20 108H, 265/50R20 107T, 275/45R20 110V
275/50R20 109H22, 285/45R22 114H
- Great dry and wet traction
- Performance on light winter weather is pretty well
- Responsive steering
- Comfortable and quiet ride
- Poor performance on heavy snow and ice
The Crosscontact LX25 is designed for drivers of crossover and small SUVs that want a comfortable drive with all-season traction on most driving surfaces including light snow.
This Continental tire is an all-season tire built to provide a smooth ride and all-season traction with good handling on wet driving surface, dry driving surface, and on light snow.
Conclusion Of Our Crosscontact LX25 Review
We hope you find our Crosscontact LX25 review helpful.
This tire is an improved version of its predecessor – the LX20 which has proven to deliver a good deal of performance and it has remained a relevant tire since 2011 because of the excellence and success it is.
So, the improved version would not deliver less.
You can try out the 60-day customer satisfaction to get a conviction about its abilities and performance.
If you have a review concerning this tire, comment, or question, leave it in the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you.