Continental Tire (the Americas’ Commercial Vehicle Tire group) has released HSR (Heavy Steer Regional) and HDR (Heavy Drive Regional) as updates to its best-selling commercial light truck tires suitable for commercial light truck whose businesses depend on just goods deliveries traveling over a longer period of time with loads.
Continental HSR+ and HDR+ came as upgrades on the existing HSR and HDR models and feature structural modifications that enable cooler running, longer wear and greater fuel efficiency and in affordable price when compared with same qualities from competitors.
The Continental HDR+ regional drive tire is designed for regional hauling and on-off-road all-season applications.
The tire delivers high performance on highway at speeds up to 87 mph under a full load, traveling up to 300 miles daily and then under off-road conditions once they reach their destination.
The casings are warrantied for re-treading. Continental HSR+ and HDR+ are available in size 225/70R19.5.
They do not come with any tread-life warranty but with manufacturer’s limited warranty and adjustment policy for a maximum of 72 months from the date of purchase.
The Policy allows for free replacement during the first 12 months from the date of purchase or the first 2/32” of wear.
Continental’s HSR+ and HDR+ are suited for Class 4 trucks in on- and off-road applications such as utility where traction and high on-road mileage are needed.
The durable tires use a cap and base tread compound designed to enhance cut-and-chip performance and with a retreadable casing.
The tire delivers high performance on highway at speeds up to 87 mph under a full load traveling up to 300 miles daily and then under off-road conditions once they reach their destination.
Available for both OE and replacement, the HSR (Heavy Steer Regional) and HDR (Heavy Drive Regional) come with up to 20% improvement in rolling resistance and mileage over the predecessors.
Compounding is the backbone of the new improvements to the HSR and HDR. They also came with structural modifications which have resulted in longer wearing, cooler running and more fuel efficient tires that could stand the tests of time.
The HSR+ and HDR+ come with green-house gas emissions standards and fuel efficiency standards for medium- and heavy-duty engines and vehicles.
The tires are drivers’ targets for rolling resistance and emissions reduction as well as consideration for improved ride and handling characteristics.
Continental says the tires deliver significant performance improvements in mileage and cut-and-chip performance without sacrificing scrub resistance.
- Continental HSR+ and HDR+ tires deliver a 15% improvement in cut-and-chip performance and 12% expected increase in mileage versus the predecessor products using a new cap and base tread compound for increased removal miles and tear resistance.
- The aggressive tread design provides excellent lateral stability to minimize squirm and improve handling.
- They come with a closed shoulder tread pattern provides even wear and reduced noise.
- The tire’s scuff rib protect against curbing, cuts and abrasions which are important for working commercial light trucks or construction environments.
- The Conti HSR+ is also available with a matching retread and 16/32-inch all-position retread.
- The tire offers speed rating “N” and features a tread depth of 18/32” together with an open shoulder tread pattern with tie-bar which provides even tread wear along with reduced noise and excellent traction.
- It comes with an aggressive tread design provides excellent lateral stability to minimize squirm and perform well in wet conditions.
- Improved ride comfort
- Great handling
- Low noise
- Fuel economy
- Excellent stability
- Good all-season performance
- Good traction
- Does not come with tread-life warranty
Continental HSR+ and HDR+ tires does not come with manufacturer’s tread-life warranty but eligible for the limited warranty and adjustment policy for a maximum of 72 months from the date of purchase.
The Policy allows for free replacement during the first 12 months from the date of purchase or the first 2/32nds of wear.
With the introduction of their two newly-improved HSR+ and HDR+ brands, Continental tire company had continued to deliver on their focus of making fleets safer, more efficient and more connected.
The technologies employed had helped to optimize tire lifecycle and deliver the lowest overall driving cost.
The HSR (Heavy Steer Regional) and HDR (Heavy Drive Regional) commercial light truck tires feature structural modifications that enable longer wear, cooler running and greater fuel efficiency.
The company says the tires deliver acceptable performance on highway and off-road under full load with good traction and ease of mind to reach their final destinations. In addition, their casings are warrantied for retreading.
We hope you find our review exciting and informative. If you have a comment, question or review of these tires, drop it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.