The Continental Procontact TX is an all-season grand touring tire designed for luxury sedans and coupes.
It is designed to deliver good handling in most weather conditions and is branded with the M+S symbol.
This means that it is approved to deliver good traction on mud and snow, but it does not mean that it is great on heavy snow being that it is an all-season tire.
However, a reasonable level of handling should be expected on light snow.
In this Continental Procontact TX tire review, we will be learning more about the Procontact TX from its various functions to the technology used in making this tire.
Continental Procontact TX
The Continental Procontact TX is a tire that gives a good grip on most weather driving surfaces and it is an original equipment (OE) tire that can be paired with cars that it fits.
This tire is equipped with different warranties for different speed ratings.
Continental warranty plan covers eligible tires by a limited warranty of up to 72 months.
It has up to 6 years or 65,000-mile tread life warranty for S and T rated sizes, 55,000 miles for H rated sizes, 45,000 miles for V rated sizes and 40,000 miles for W rated sizes, and a Customer Satisfaction Trial up to 60 days on a set of tires.
Materials and workmanship are warranted for 6-years and there is free replacement the first year or first 2/32 inch of wear.
Finally, the tire comes with a one-year or first 2/32 inch of wear road hazard warranty.
- Features Continental’s Contisilent technology, which means that a layer of sound-absorbing foam was added to the inner liner of the tire to reduce cabin noise in the vehicle.
- Its shoulder lug stability helps in giving it a better steering response.
- M+S symbol means that it is mud and snow rated and provides good performance on those surfaces.
- State-of-the-art silica compound helps reduce rolling resistance, improves gas mileage, and provides better fuel efficiency.
- Designed with central rib to reduce the noise level
- An innovative tread pattern that prevents hydroplaning, thereby providing better traction on wet surfaces
- The sipes are interlocked and this gives better stability
- The tires feature a balanced sipe-to-block ratio that gives good traction in most driving conditions.
- Features under tread compound and a blocking rib that help reduce vibrations and absorb shocks and therefore provides a comfortable driving
- Has a limited warranty from 40,000 miles to 60,000-mile tread warranty
- Flat Tire Roadside Assistance coverage for 3 years (some exclusions apply)
- Customer Satisfaction Trial up to 60 days on a set of tires
The Procontact TX is an all-season radial tire with all-season traction on a wet and dry surface, and you can expect a good grip on light snow.
It delivers good fuel efficiency and a lower rolling resistance thanks to its state-of-the-art silica compound and improved gas mileage.
With this tire, you get a superior grip while driving and it is a relief when it comes to its noise reduction, as you will get a comfortable ride with less noise while driving.
You get a good steering response and no risk of hydroplaning when driving.
You are in control with this radial tire on your wheels.
165/65R15 81T SL BSW, 185/60R15 84T SL BSW, 185/65R15 88H SL BSW, 195/65R15 91H SL BSW
185/50R16 81H SL BSW, 205/45R16 83H SL BSW, 205/55R16 91H SL BSW, P 205/55R16 89V SL BSW, 215/55R16 97H XL BSW, 215/60R16 95H SL BSW, 215/60R16 95T SL BSW
205/45R17 88V XL BSW, 205/55R17 91H SL BSW, 215/50R17 91H SL BSW, 215/55R17 94V SL BSW, 215/55R17 94H SL BSW, 215/60R17 96H SL BSW, 215/65R17 99H SL BSW, 225/45R17 91W BSW, 225/45R17 91H SL BSW, 225/50R17 98H XL BSW, 225/50R17 94H SL BSW
225/40R18 92H XL BSW, 225/45R18 91V SL BSW, 225/45R18 95H XL BSW, 95V SL BSW, 225/55R18 98H SL BSW, 225/60R18 100H SL BSW, 235/45R18 94H SL BSW, 235/45R18 98H XL BSW, 235/50 97V SL BSW, 235/55R18 100H SL BSW, 235/60R18 103V SL BSW, 235/60R18 103H SL BSW, 245/40R18 93H SL BSW, 245/45R18 96H SL BSW, 245/45R18 100V XL BSW, 245/45R18 96V SL BSW, 245/45R18 100H XL BSW, 255/55R18 105V SL BSW
225/45R19 96H XL BSW, 235/50R19 99H SL BSW, 235/55R19 101V SL BSW, 245/40R19 94W SL BSW, 245/40R19 94H SL BSW, 245/40R19 98W SL BSW, 255/40R19 100V XL BSW, 255/45R19 100H SL BSW, 255/50R19 103V SL BSW, 255/55R19 111V XL BSW, 275/35R19 96W SL BSW, 101W SL BSW, 275/50R19 112V XL BSW
245/35R20 95H XL BSW, 245/45R20 99H SL BSW, 255/50R20 105T SL BSW, 265/35R20 99H XL BSW
275/35R21 103V XL BSW, 315/30R21 105V XL BSW
- Good traction on the dry and wet driving surface
- M+S rated tire
- Original equipment (OE) tire
- Warranty for all speed rating
- All-season traction
- Low noise
- Good traction on light snow
- Limited size range
- Some consumers complained of the weak sidewall
As stated earlier, this tire is designed for luxury sedans and coupes.
However, as original equipment (OE), it can be used as a direct replacement for worn-out pairs or set in place of the car’s original tires.
The complete set or pair can be used on other cars if there is the availability of the size, speed rating, load range of the OE tire that matches that of the car.
The Procontact TX is an all-season built tire that gives good traction in most weather driving conditions.
Also, it is M+S rated which makes it able to deliver good grip on wet driving surfaces, mud, and even on light snow.
For an all-season tire, it is not advised on heavy snow.
For extreme winter conditions, you are better off with winter tires.
This all-season radial tire combines good looks with good handling when driving.
It gives all the lovely features, different speed ratings, technology, and ability.
This tire is a good choice to buy if you get your luxury sedan and coupe size from its limited sizes.
Apart from the great qualities, this tire is quite affordable and gives better mileage.
Plus, its noise reduction, comfort, and great performance should also be considered.
We hope you find this Continental Procontact TX tire review helpful.
Leave a comment down below, if you have reviews, questions, or comments.
We will be glad to hear from you.