Hankook Dynapro MT2 RT05 is an all-season off-road mud tire for light trucks and SUVs.
It is designed to ensure dependable traction in the harshest off-road conditions.
This new 2019 model feature high wear resistance and a longer tread-life with good performance on paved roads.
The Dynapro MT2 RT05 comes in over 40 sizes and is equipped with the latest innovations from Hankook Tire.
The off-road-focused Dynapro MT RT03 with a number of improvements further raised its overall safety level.
Read on to learn more about the MT2 in this Hankook Dynapro Mt2 Rt05 review.
Hankook Dynapro MT2 RT05
The Dynapro MT2 combines capability and durability in every area, thus promising a better on- and off-road performance.
It is designed for extreme off-road performance with in-built stone ejectors and scooped shoulder blocks unified to provide a better road feel that keeps down road noise to the barest minimum.
Its sturdy three-layer sidewalls allow this all-season mud tire to tackle the harshest of off-road conditions.
The tread compound on Dynapro MT2 RT05 increases the traction and ensures good grip virtually on any road surface.
Its aggressive tread design is meant to ensure maximum traction in off-road conditions and suppress the road noise.
The Dynapro RT05 tire is optimized for good traction in mud, dirt, rock, sand, and gravel surfaces.
The tire’s sidewall features an integrated linking system that marries the shoulder and sidewall blocks to increase overall rigidity, traction, and reasonable protection from puncture and off-road abrasions.
- MT2 RT05 has reinforced under-tread gauge increased belt durability and steering performance to prevent external damage.
- Its V-shaped shoulder blocks, set at a certain angle, bleed into the sidewalls to increase bitting, resistance to wear, and puncture.
- These V-shaped blocks are reversely alternate with protruding triangular elements that ensure extra protection of the sidewalls.
- It comes with sipes that run through the middle section of the tire to increase its grip on wet pavement, snow, and off-road conditions.
- The stone ejectors help to protect the tread grooves from dirt and small stones, thus increasing the tire’s resistance to puncture and tear.
- Its scooped shoulder blocks provide extra traction in mud and rocky terrain while the aggressive wrap-around tread increases off-road traction and provides additional resistance to abrasions and punctures that are common with off-road driving.
- The nylon-reinforced belts increase belt durability and steering performance and prevent external damage.
- Its high-strength steel belt improves steering and durability.
- The reinforced carcass improves on-the-road ride comfort.
- The tire’s joint-less bead wire prevents bead separation when driving off-road with air pressure.
- The wrap-around tread and sidewall protection shields provide extra biting edges when crawling over rocks while the additional rubber gauge protects against punctures on rough and gravel-filled roads.
- The tire’s alternated massive shoulder blocks that resemble opened scallop-shell performs a good digging job in mud, on rocky terrain, sand, and gravel.
- Its heavy-duty steel breaker increases its tread-life and enhances great handling.
- Hankook Tire Company leveraged on latest 3-D simulation software technology to develop the tire’s terrain-strike treads design.
The RT05 is not covered by a manufacturer’s tread-life warranty.
30X9.50R15 900 / 104 Q
31X10.50R15 1030 / 109 Q
32X11.50R15 1150 / 113 Q
33X12.50R15 1000 / 108 Q
LT215/75R15 100/97 Q
LT235/75R15 104/101 Q
LT215/85R16 115/112 Q
LT225/75R16 115/112 Q
LT235/85R16 120/116 Q
LT245/75R16 120/116 Q
LT265/75R16 123/120 Q
LT285/75R16 126/123 Q
LT305/70R16 124/121 Q
LT315/75R16 127/124 Q
35X12.50R17 1450 / 121 Q
37X12.50R17 1600 / 124 Q
LT235/80R17 120/117 Q
LT245/75R17 121/118 Q
LT255/75R17 121/118 Q
LT265/70R17 121/118 Q
LT285/70R17 121/118 Q
LT295/70R17 121/118 Q
LT315/70R17 121/118 Q
33X12.50R18 1320 / 118 Q
35X12.50R18 1550 / 123 Q
LT275/65R18 123/120 Q
LT275/70R18 125/122 Q
LT285/65R18 125/122 Q
LT295/70R18 129/126 Q
LT305/70R18 126/123 Q
33X12.50R20 1180 / 114 Q
35X12.50R20 1450 / 121 Q
37X12.50R20 1700 / 126 Q
37X13.50R20 1750 / 127 Q
LT275/65R20 126/123 Q
LT285/55R20 122/119 Q
LT295/55R20 123/120 Q
LT295/60R20 126/123 Q
LT295/65R20 129/126 Q
LT305/55R20 121/118 Q
LT315/60R20 125/122 Q
35X12.50R22 1285 / 117 Q
37X13.50R22 1550 / 123 Q.
- Longer tread-life
- Great handling
- Impressive off-road grip
- Improved road noise
- No tread life warranty
Hankook designed the MT2 RT05 to provide remarkable off-road traction and durability as a response to many drivers who desire to find a strong tire to perform in the toughest off-road terrains.
However, MT2 RT05 is not covered by any tread-wear from the manufacturer.
The Dynapro MT2 is designed for extreme off-road performance with built-in stone ejectors and scooped shoulder blocks unified to provide lower road noise.
It combines capability and durability in every area, thus promising a better on- and off-road performance.
The tire is built with improved modern technology which will endear it to drivers with high consciousness for durability, performance, great handling, and affordable road ride comfort.
However, the tire did not come with any tread-life warranty for now.
We hope you will find our Hankook Dynapro Mt2 Rt05 review informative and good enough as a guide to you making a buying decision.
If you have a question, comment, or review of this tire, kindly drop it in the box below.
We will be glad to hear from you.
One thought on “Hankook Dynapro MT2 RT05 Review”
Hello I.am about to purchase the Hankook MT2 RT05 mud-terrain tire,its the 295/60R 20 all season LRE 10 ply,it seems to be rated in all terrain .But I was wondering how does it handle in winter or snow and Ice