The continental crosscontact LX20 is an all-season touring tire built with an ecoplus technology which gives a great all-season performance on highway, and designed to deliver good fuel economy.
Designed for light trucks, SUVs, pickups and crossover vehicles, we bring you an in-depth continental crosscontact lx20 reviews from its performance on all driving surfaces to its functions and warranty.
The ecoplus crosscontact is a sporty tire built with an aggressive symmetric tread design that can handle rough pavement and deliver great traction and grip on dry pavement. Also, you get a comfortable and quiet ride from these tires when driving.
The crosscontact is your answer if you need a tire that is great on the highway yet can handle a light off-road driving condition. The ecoplus technology also helps it to get even wear and yet excellent traction while driving.
This continental tire was constructed with Eco tread compound that has +silane additives and Tg-F polymers. And this helps to deliver better traction while lowering the rolling resistance of the rubber.
Comes with four wide circumferential grooves and additional traction grooves that helps improve its grip and handling while driving, these grooves are strategically placed around the tread to aid in reducing road noise and increase overall ride quality.
Also, it is built with continuous center rib that has independent tread blocks which aids in delivering good handling and enhanced traction while driving. On the inside is the presence of two steel belts that are reinforced with spirally wrapped polyamide for added strength and durability.
Traction is great on all types of road conditions, including snow. Also, if you find yourself wanting to drive on a light off-road terrain, this model is up to the task.
On dry surface
It gives good brake and good steering handling with good grip when on a dry surface. However, if you have a high-performance car built for speed then you should go for a high-performance tire, except that, you are good to go any day with these tires.
On wet surface
You will probably love these tires more on wet driving road than on dry roads because they don’t float or skim on wet roads, they are just great on wet surface. They deliver steady traction and grip with great steering feel when driving on wet surface.
The continental crosscontact LX20 tires are great on light snow. For heavy snow you will need snow chains, all terrain tires or winter tires. However, they are great on rough roads, rough patches and rough terrains.
Smooth and quiet ride
You find these tires giving you a smooth and noiseless ride when driving, even when speeding on highway you find them silent. The tires are also quiet over rough terrains or potholes on concrete road. They are smooth and stable on rough roads and they can handle a bit of mud, snow and dirt.
Warranty from Continental
The LX20 has a 6-year or 70,000mile tread life warranty, and it also comes with a 30 days customer satisfaction warranty, which means you can get it replaced after 30 days if peradventure you are not cool with the tires.
Tire uniformity is guaranteed for one-year or the first 2/32 inch of wear. Materials and workmanship are warranted for 6-years and include free replacement during the first year or first 2/32 inch of wear. A prorated amount is given for the remaining time period or until the final 2/32 inch of tread depth.
If you are not satisfied you can get your tires replaced with another continental tires, they also provide a one-year road hazard warranty.
- The EcoPlus Technology built into the tread design improves its treadwear, traction on slippery roads, comfort and road noise
- Continental Traction Groove Technology allows it to maintain good grip during winter season.
- EcoPlus Technology +Sliane gives an optimum balance of exceptional wet grip and extended tread life.
- Traction Grooves also provides gripping teeth inside the groove that lock snow for improved snow grip and better mud performance.
- Inside of the tires there are two steel belts that are reinforced with spirally wrapped polyamide which improves its strength and durability.
- Four circumferential grooves which helps to improve traction on both wet and snow-covered roads, these grooves are strategically placed around the tread to help in reducing road noise and increase overall ride quality.
- Built with a symmetrical tread design pattern.
- EcoPlus Technology reduces rolling resistance with Tg-F polymers and its +Silane additives enhances traction, provide improved fuel efficiency, gives better treadwear, help it gain a little extra fuel mileage and lower CO2 emissions.
- Continuous center rib and independent tread blocks aids in better grip on dry surfaces while perfecting steering response.
- Great traction on dry, wet and snow driving surface
- Gives Smooth and quiet ride
- Responsive steering and great response when cornering
- Good warranty up to 70,000 miles
- It sometimes could give some vibration problems
This tire is available in:
Pickup trucks/crossovers/SUVs, 16” to 20”, Touring, All-season tires
195/65R15 91H BSW
215/70R16 100S OWL, 225/70R16 103S OWL, 235/65R16 103T BSW, 235/70R16 106T OWL, 235/75R16 108S OWL, 245/70R16 107S OWL, 245/75R16 111S OWL, 255/65R16 109S OWL, 265/70R16 112S OWL, 265/75R16 116T OWL
225/65R17 102T BSW, 235/65R17 108H XL BSW, 235/65R17 108T XL OWL, 245/65R17 107T OWL, 245/70R17 110S OWL, 255/65R17 110S OWL, 265/65R17 112T OWL, 265/65R17 112T BSW, 265/70R17 115T OWL, 265/70R17 115T BSW, 275/60R17 110S OWL
235/60R18 107H XL BSW, 235/65R18 106T BSW, 245/60R18 105T BSW, 255/55R18 109H XL BSW, 255/65R18 111S BSW, 255/70R18 113T OWL, 265/60R18 110T OWL, 265/65R18 114S OWL, 265/70R18 116S BSW, 275/60R18 113H BSW, 275/65R18 116T OWL
245/55R19 103S BSW, 255/50R19 107H XL BSW, 255/60R19 109H BSW
275/55R20 117S XL BSW, 275/60R20 115S OWL, 285/50R20 112H BSW
Overall, after our continental crosscontact lx20 reviews we hope you will make the best choice because If you are looking for a touring all-season tire that delivers a smooth, quiet ride to go with dependable traction and good handling, you won’t be disappointed with the continental LX20. You can also check out the new LX25 with some similar features but also an improved version of the LX20 or the new TerrainContact H/T.
The combination of fuel efficiency, traction and a quiet ride make the CrossContac LX20 a powerful choice for your light truck, crossover or SUV. We really like this model and will suggest it as a good choice to buy, if it suits your driving conditions.