Primacy tour A/S is Michelin’s all season Grand touring tire engineered with major focus on noise reduction so the driver can enjoy a noiseless and comfortable ride. Designed for Coupes, crossovers, SUV and family sedans with all-season traction delivery on most surfaces even on light snow.
Comes with treadlife warranty of 55,000 miles for H and V rated sizes and 45,000 miles for W rated sizes. Let’s get to know more of the Primacy Tour in this Michelin Primacy Tour a/s review.
For what driver
The Michelin primacy tour a/s is designed for drivers of coupes, crossovers, family sedans and SUV that desire maximum comfort when driving. As it delivers adequate performance across road surface, all season capability, excellent traction on light snow and amazingly quiet ride.
Comes with Michelin’s 60 day satisfaction for its consumers so if you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return within 60 days. There is 3-year flat warranty from Michelin for this tire.
Primacy tour a/s is equipped with treadlife warranty of 6 years or 55,000 for H and V speed rated and years or 45,000 miles for W speed rated sizes. Uniformity warranty for 1 year or first 2/32 inch of wear with workmanship and materials warranty for 6 years with free replacement for the first year or first 2/32 inch of wear then prorated until the last 2/32 inch depth remaining
- Quiet and comfortable ride
- All season traction
- Great handling on dry and wet surface
- Excellent traction on light snow
- Limited warranty for 6 years and 55,000 miles or 45,000 miles
- Enhanced comfort control with piano noise reduction which combines frequency canceling shoulder groove and blocks for noise reduction which aid a quiet and comfortable ride.
- Zigzag sipes inside in the inboard ribs for great traction on snow and ice driving surface.
- Its compound is molded into a quiet asymmetric tread design
- Features five rib patterns that aid dry handling with lateral grip and quiet delivering while driving.
- Wife outboard shoulder blocks that helps evacuate water and reduce risk of hydroplaning on wet surface.
- Grooves built to enhance performance on wet surface
- Internal construction consists of two ply polyester cord casing with two steel belts to stabilize the tread and to enhance ride comfort.
- Single polyamide reinforcement for better handling and high speed capability.
- Amazingly quiet tread
- Smooth, quiet and comfortable ride
- All season traction
- Excellent driving performance
- Tread wear could be improved
The Michelin primacy Tour A/S delivers a soft ride with good handling on most driving surface, it will really improve your car performance and it delivers good traction on wet and dry surface.
It is built with the latest advanced rubber compound that gives tread block flexibility in cold temperature and this aids better light snow and ice performance.
Its lateral grooves are designed to bite into snow and retain good grip even during a sharp turn and Michelin says this tire has 17% better snow traction than the Michelin primacy MXM4, although it is advisable to get an excellent winter tire in extreme winter condition.
However, the tire excels more in its noise reduction department, It has one of the quietest tread among leading tires with its enhanced comfort control using piano noise reduction which combines frequency canceling shoulder groove and blocks for noise reduction which aid a quiet and comfortable ride.
The primacy tour A/S is also among the first choice of top vehicle manufacturer for their premium vehicles and the luxury models because of its excellent performance delivery and noise reduction.
215/55R17 94V, 225/50R17 98V, 235/45R17 97W, 235/55R17 99H, 245/40R17 91H, 245/45R17 99H
225/45R18 95W, 225/55R18 98V, 225/55R18 98V, 225/60R18 100V, 235/40R18 95H, 235/45R18 94V, 235/45R18 98V, 235/50R18 97V, 235/50R18 97H, 235/60R18 107V, 245/45R18 96V, 245/50R18 100V, 245/60R18 105H, 255/55R18 109H
225/40R19 93W, 225/45R19 96W, 225/55R19 99V, 235/50R19 99V, 245/40R19 94V, 245/45R19 98W, 255/35R19 96W, 255/40R19 100V, 255/50R19 107H, 255/50R19 107H
235/55R20 102H, 245/45R20 103V, 245/50R20 102V, 245/50R20 102V, 255/45R20 101W, 255/50R20 105H, 275/50R20 109H
275/45R21 107H, 315/40R21 111H
If you want a tire that maintains year round traction, maximum comfort, no road noise, all season capability, excellent traction on light snow and great handling then the Primacy tour is a good choice to pick.
You could take advantage of the 60 days special warranty as it can be returned if it doesn’t suit your driving performance.
We hope you found our Michelin Primacy Tour A/S review helpful, if you have a review, question or comment, leave it in the comment box below, we will be glad to hear from you.