The new Michelin X-Ice Snow is a winter tire that is packed with innovative features for enhanced traction in deep snow, slush, wet and ice with no reduction in performance on hard-packed surfaces. The tire is specifically made in different sizes for cars, crossovers, CUVs and SUVs with a longer tread-wear-life not just when it’s new but throughout its entire life span.
The X-Ice Snow replaces Michelin’s X-Ice Xi3 and Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire lines which have been around for a number of years. There is more to know about the new X-ice in our Michelin X-Ice snow review.
The tire is Michelin’s fantastic offer for winter 2020 with initial release of about 82 sizes (42 of which will be for 18”and above rim diameters) and additional 41 sizes to be released before end of 2021. Michelin X-Ice Snow tire comes with a 60,000-kilometer tread-life warranty.
Michelin X-Ice Snow comes with superior traction in various winter conditions with a wider range of innovative features that will be desirably preferred by many drivers.
Another critical component of the X-Ice Snow tire is the Flex-Ice 2.0 compound. This silica-based rubber maintains flexibility in frigid temperatures for enhanced traction.
This is very important because there is more to winter driving than just snow and ice. Water is an issue as frozen precipitation melts, and there are even dry patches of pavement to contend with.
This tire handles all these conditions better. Thanks to its improved technologies and more, the X-Ice Snow offers comfort ride and low noise level compared to its predecessors.
The tire’s manufacturer had also touted a 9% reduction in rolling resistance, which will account for better fuel economy.
Michelin’s X-Ice Snow is expected in a wide range of sizes that covers more than 80% of vehicle fitments on today’s roads for cars like SUVs and CUVs. It comes with an optimized contact patch that better distribute stresses and weight evenly on the tire for even wear.
The X-Ice Snow features new compounding technology, which is an updated tread design available in about 123 sizes that will soon be launched over the next two years.
The X-Ice Snow comes with improved features for better snow performance and effective braking system. It is aggressive, rugged and durable. It tackles winter’s worst conditions better than any other tire made by Michelin Tire Company in the past.
- The X-Ice Snow tire comes with optimized contact patch that could better distribute stresses and weight evenly on the tire for even wear.
- The V-shaped aggressive tread pattern provides extra road-grip and good traction with great handling in wet road condition.
- Its Flex-Ice 2.0 compound silica-based rubber maintains flexibility in frigid temperatures for enhanced traction.
- X-Ice Snow comes with longer tread blocks which help to reduce noise.
- It comes with an innovative rigid polymer-based inclusion tread compound for improved grip on both snow and ice for longer wear life.
- The tire has an increased main grooves size for better evacuation of snow, slush and water.
- It also has an additional interlocking center rib which enhances better traction in great snow with a prolonged life span.
- The two types of full depth interlocking 3-D sipes notched with variable thickness create an increased grip effect on snow and ice and in addition enhance longer-lasting biting edges.
- Good all-terrain all-weather traction
- Tackles the worst wintry conditions
- Good handling
- Low noise
- Perfectly evacuates snow, slush and water
- New tire hence none noticed yet.
Michelin X-Ice Snow tire comes with a 60,000-kilometer tread-life warranty.
The X-Ice Snow has additional traction on wet roads or ice and is an improvement on previous brands made by the same company.
It perfectly evacuates snow, slush and water while providing more biting edges for extra grip. It should be noted that no matter what kind of vehicle you drive, winter tires are a must-have if you live in a cold climate.
It’s the easiest step toward making your vehicle safer in bad winter conditions. We hope you will find our Michelin X-Ice snow review informative enough to aid your decision-making when choosing a good tire for your car.
If you have a question, comment or review of this tire kindly leave it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.