Yokohama company is widely known for its good reputation and quality tire product over the years in the industry.
Yokohama tires are designed to deliver excellent performance and good traction when driving.
They are built for a variety of vehicle drivers with advanced technologies embedded for them to deliver excellent performance.
Among the Yokohama series is the Avid Ascend GT, and we bring you the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT reviews including its technology as well as its performance and features.
The Avid Ascend GT is an all-season touring tire with excellent all-season traction.
Yokohama Avid Ascend GT
- Built with an asymmetric tread design that comes with an asymmetric groove arrangement that allows water to escape the contact area. This gives a better-wet braking and better handling.
- Its 3D sipes help it deliver good grip even on snow surfaces.
- Internally, twin steel belts are reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of polyester body plies.
- Tread Life – it is built with Triblend compound and an ultra-square contact patch which provide it with even wear and good all-season traction.
Developed For Which Drivers
The Yokohama Avid Ascend GT is developed for drivers of sedans, coupes, crossovers, and minivans.
Avid Ascend GT is an all-season built tire that delivers good grip on dry and wet surfaces, even on light snow.
Its tri-blend compound technology and all-season compound aid good grip.
Its triple 3D sipes and notched tread blocks create the biting edges needed for light snow traction.
On Dry Driving Surface
The Yokohama Avid Ascend GT will give you a nice all-season feel with an awesome summer grip on a dry surface along with good traction.
On Wet Driving Surface
You get a precise steering feel, good grip, and good brake-traction from this tire when you take a drive on a wet road after or during rainfall.
On Snow Surface
You can get a good level of confidence with this tire on mild snow.
It does give good snow traction.
However, do not expect a good performance from these tires when it is freezing or in heavy snow.
If you want a great tire during heavy snow then you will be more satisfied with tires built specifically for snow.
- Asymmetric tread design with a distinct circumferential groove
- 3D sipes and a notched block design.
- Longer tread life with Yokohama’s “TriBLEND” tread compound
Sizes Available For This Tire
175/65R15 84H, 185/55R15 82V, 185/65R15 88H, 195/60R15 88H, 195/65R15 91H, 205/60R15 91H, P205/65R15 92H
185/55R16 83H, P185/60R16 86H, 195/50R16 84V, 195/55R16 87V, 205/50R16 87V, 205/55R16 91H, 205/60R16 92H, 205/60R16 92V, 205/65R16 95H, 215/55R16 97H, 215/60R16 95H, 215/60R16 95V, 225/55R16 99V
205/50R17 93V, 215/45R17 91V, 215/50R17 95V, 215/55R17 94V, 225/45R17 91V, 225/50R17 94V, 225/55R17 97V, 225/60R17 99V, 235/45R17 97V, 235/50R17 96V, 235/55R17 99H, 235/60R17102H, 245/45R17 99V, 245/50R17 99V
P215/55R18 94H, 225/40R18 92V, 225/45R18 95V, 225/50R18 95V, P225/55R18 97H, 225/60R18 100H, 235/45R18 94V, 235/50R18 101V, 235/55R18 100V, 245/40R18 97V, 245/45R18 96V, 245/50R18 100V, 255/45R18 99V
235/40R19 96V, 235/45R19 99V, 245/40R19 94V, 245/45R19 98V, 255/40R19 100V, 255/45R19 100V
- Excellent wet traction
- Great traction even with heavy rainfall
- Good grip even on snowy roads
- Advanced technology that aids better performance
- It sometimes gives high road noise
- Less traction on heavy snow and when it is freezing
- What is my car tire size? Determine your correct tire size before paying.
- Do not buy used tires. Used tires have an unknown service life and recall history.
- It is advisable to purchase four like tires at a time for the best performance out of your vehicle.
The good things about these tires we would like to mention are that they are very comfortable, provide good grip overall, in dry and wet conditions.
Why Do We Recommend It?
We will recommend this tire to drivers who want tires that give good handling in most driving conditions with great steering response.
It gives good handling even on wet roads, spirited driving, and comes with a good warranty policy.
Yokohama AVID Ascend GT tires are your solution for all-season performance, wet braking, and extended tread life.
These next-generation touring tires feature Yokohama’s all-new TriBLEND compound technology along with hundreds of 3D sipes and a notched block tread design which deliver extraordinary handling and traction in any weather.
Yokohama is redefining the expectations for touring tires with the AVID Ascend GT.
We hope you find our Yokohama Avid Ascend GT reviews helpful.
Do leave us a comment below if you have any questions.
We will be glad to help.
Also, tell us which is your favorite and best choice from Yokohama tires.