Every tire deserves a good tire air gauge, which can make a lot of difference between a smooth driving and a challenging one. Your tire pressure is very important when driving and so, here are the lists of our best auto tire pressure gauges which will help you in making an easy choice.
Good air gauge can help form a quick fix of your leaking car tire, by preventing it from a serious disaster like a blowout. Tire pressure gauge helps in fuel economy, it also helps in getting the most out of your fuel mileage because it keeps everything in a perfect check.
Avoid stress and strain on your vehicle and tires especially while inflating your tire, less air in your tires will put more strain on them which will damage them quickly or excess air which can cause a blowout and can ultimately be avoided by your right air gauge.
What is an air gauge?
Air gauge is a device used for measuring air pressure in tires.
Why do I need air gauge in my vehicle?
The necessity of air gauge cannot be over-emphasized in the content of safety consciousness and awareness.
Proactively, it is expected that we randomly conduct a check on our tires in the morning to ascertain the pressure level before embarking on a journey no matter the distance.
What are the minimum and maximum air pressure of a tire?
For safety, the minimum air pressure of a tire should not be less than 30PSI and not more than 35PSI.
Check out this safety information on a sticker by the door-jam of your car, in the owners’ manual, or on the side wall of the tire just below the big bold letters of the manufacturer marked “max press”.
Should you run maximum tire pressure?
There are high risks inherent in running maximum air pressure ranging from inability to maneuver on sharp bends.
Also, tires on maximum air pressure when on the move, put more pressure on the air content of the tire. Thereby wearing out the threads and valve rubbers, most especially for heavy-duty trucks, which may lead to blowout or invariably reducing the life span of the tires.
What is the appropriate air content required in both rear and front tires?
Normally in SUV and other passenger cars, the engine capacity out-weight the body weight and as such, the air content of the front tires can be slightly higher than the rear.
However, for trucks and delivery vans carrying heavy loads, there is the need for higher pressure in the rear tires than ones in the front wheel.
Why should I maintain proper inflation on my tires?
Under-inflation is when the air pressure is below 30PSI while over-inflation is when it is over 35PSI. Under inflation is as dangerous, risky and costly as over inflation.
Tires life-span, speed and fuel consumption of the vehicle are at their best when they are properly inflated. Inadequate level of tire inflation affects the car’s handling and can cause great damage to the tires.
What types of air gauge are available for my use?
Commonly in use with wide range of sizes and prices. Generally, the larger the dial, the easier it is to read but occupies more car space than other types.
This type uses battery with an added advantage of back lit which makes it easier to read even in the dark.
Very easy to store and relatively cheap, compared to other types but can’t be easily understood.
What do I look out for when buying my air gauge?
Obviously, the best is what you should look out for, in choosing your choice of air gauge in terms of accuracy and effectiveness (ability to know precisely the air content of my tire), easy-to-use and easy to read the displayed information (application devoid of technicalities).
List of best tire pressure gauge available
1. Michelin Digital Programmable tire pressure gauge:
This can be pre-programmed with your car’s recommended tire pressure to give an up-to-date accurate reading. It has been in circulation since its first exhibition in 1894.
Peculiar features are:
- Digital display of readings with back light LCD screen which enhances clear visibility.
- Built-in flash light which illuminates the tire valves when in use
- If programmed, can be used for the four tires of two separate vehicles simultaneously.
- Accurate to plus or minus 1% bleed valve incorporated
- Measures in psi, KPA, bar & kg/cm2.
- Built with a ridged plastic exterior and metal core.
2. Tekton Digital Tire Gauge, 100PSI:
Ready for use any time of the day, Tekton Digital Gauge gives an instant, accurate and easy-to-read measurement of your vehicle tires. With just a simple push button, the unit comes up with four measurement ranges for your selection.
When it’s dark, the lighted nozzle illuminates, so you can easily locate the valve stem. With gentle pressure, the nozzle seals onto the valve stem quickly and completely, to deliver an accurate measurement.
Peculiar features are:
- Lighted nozzle and display screen which gives clear visibility day and night.
- Digital display showing exact reading which eliminates the guesswork of analog gauges.
- Simple push button control turns unit on to select the desired range and automatically shut down after 30 seconds to save the batteries.
- Comfortable design with non-slip surface for sure grip.
- Power source: CR2032 3Vlithium coin cell, LR44 1.5V button cells (all included).
- Measures in psi, KPA, bar & kg/cm2.
- Minimum increment: 0.5psi.
3. Accutire MS – 4021B Digital Tire pressure Gauge:
Designed with an angled head and a rubber coated easy – grip handle, Accutire MS-4021B features a large, easy-to-read LCD display that provides pressure readings from 5 – 150psi in 0.5-pound increment.
The heavy-duty construction will easily withstand shifting around in your glove compartment or toolbox. It automatically shut down in a while if you forget to turn off after use.
Peculiar features are:
- Automatically shut down after use if you forget to turn off to prevent deflation.
- Angled-head and rubber-coated handle for easy grip
- Large easy-to-read LCD display
- Packaged with replaceable battery.
- Accurate to within 0.05psi, reading air pressure from 5 – 150psiin 0.5pound increments
4. Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator:
Astro 3018 is constructed with stainless steel braided hose for increase durability and an easy to install AAA battery system for better battery life.
Peculiar features are:
- Dual AAA battery power design that can last for 560hr
- Dual purpose for deflation and inflation with two position levers: 1st position for deflation and 2nd position for inflation.
- New 21” stainless braided hose for increase in durability.
- Maximum accuracy of 0.1psi resolution for use with tire pressure monitoring system.
- Large face back light LCD digital screen.
- Easy change chuck system
- Unit covered with rubber sleeve for extra comfort and durability.
- Packaged with replaceable batteries
- Displays KG, Psi or BAR measurement.
5. Jaco Flowpro Digital Tire Inflator Gauge-200 Psi :
The Jaco Flowpro Features a blue LCD back light display which is perfect for use at night hours.
Constructed with a super heavy-duty leak proof 18” stainless steel braided hose and also a push to inflate thumb trigger, and built in air bleeder valve which decreases pressure in over inflated tires and reset its readings for easy use.
- Fully equipped with a heavy-duty 18” stainless steel braided air hose.
- It has a complete inflation set and air compressor ready
- Air bleeder valve to quickly decrease pressure in over inflated tires.
- Performance tested and calibrated highly accurate to +/-% full scale range with display resolution of 0.5 for maximum accuracy.
- Versatile functionality which allows you to measure tire pressure in four-unit modes, it displays KG, Psi, bar, Kg/cm2
6. Tiretek flexi-pro tire pressure gauge, heavy-duty best:
A quality automotive accessory brand specialized in calibrated mechanical tire pressure gauges and inflators.
Perfect for reading tire pressure for your car, truck, SUV, bicycle, motorcycle. Professional tire monitoring system which doesn’t require battery, this makes it easy to use and it will function in all weather conditions.
- It has a 360-degree swivel chuck which makes the dial easy to read at any angle or position
- Displays a reinforced rubber hose so there is no cause for air leakage and gives accurate reading.
- Reliable mechanical gauge, it gives dependable and accurate pressure readings for years without any batteries.
- Perfect for reading pressure for any car tire, truck tire, SUV tire with a measurement range between 0-60 Psi.
- Constructed in steel with an extended 5mm chuck tip so you get a great seal with no air leakage.
- Superior in quality and surrounded by a rubber cover which protects it from drops.
7. Rhino USA heavy-duty tire pressure gauge (0-75psi):
Quality heavy-duty tire pressure gauge that can be used for car, truck, SUV, motorcycle tires.
It features a deflator valve which allows you to easily deflate your tires. Pressure gauge with accuracy and a solid brass 360 swivel, also the air hose has a pressure lock to avoid leakage.
- Displays back light, which makes its use easy even in the dark
- High performance and heavy-duty which as a solid grip.
- Braided air hose which prevents leakage
- Quality tool of solid brass with certified accuracy during application.
- Large 2 dial which glows in the dark for easy reading when in use.
- Rugged protective cover for secure grip
- Reset button that makes reuse of the gauge accurate and easy.
- Built well with a solid brass chuck, solid brass hardware and premium braided hose
8. Vondior Heavy Duty Tire Pressure Gauge:
The vendior analog tire gauge is a durable digital gauge that is built to last under any weather condition because, it is protected by a rubber shield which is ready to use without needing a battery.
It is visible, accurate and its reading can be taken at any hour, even at night. Built to give a solid grip and from a premium heavy-duty component shielded by a rugged gear style with a protective guard making checking tire pressure easier than ever.
Highly calibrated and accurate on a full scale of 60 Psi range and deliver quality without relying on battery.
- Glows in the dark which makes it easy to read, and provides you accurate readings that lock in place until the pressure resets.
- Feels solid in the hand and built from heavy-duty components shielded by a rugged gear style protective guard.
- Doesn’t require any batteries and provides quick and precise readings.
- A high-performance pressure gauge which gives easy access to valve for maximum convenience.
When your tires are at their specific tire pressure requirements, it helps give a smooth ride and better braking abilities. Therefore, your gauge as little as it seems, is a must have tool in your vehicle.
Here is our list of best auto tire pressure gauges with a good display for easy reading, a good grip and comfortable handle, different sizes and all the features you need in them to serve you well.
If you have any comment or any question you can leave them in the comment box below we will be glad to hear your views and also help.