Inflator is a must have in your car, an inflator could make a huge difference when you are on a journey or running late for an appointment and you find out that your tires are losing its pressure while a quick fix could come in handy.
We bring you list of our best tire inflator for cars and guides on some possible questions you could need answers to concerning the inflation of your tires.
An inflator is a one-hand operated air pump used in pumping air into car tires. There are conventional as well as portable mobile types used either for personal and industrial settings such as in filling stations, gas stations and personal cars.
1. TIREWELL 12V Tire Inflator-Heavy Duty Double Cylinders
2. JACO Smart Pro Digital Tire Inflator pump
3. Kensun AC/DC Portable Air Compressor
4. Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator
5. Viair 45043 Automatic Function Portable Compressor
6. BOSTITCH 6-Gallon 150 PSI Oil-free compressor
7. DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon Pancake Compressor
8. Excell U256PPE 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know when to reflate my tire?
Periodic checking most especially in the early hours before embarking on any journey is the most appropriate time to check using a good air gauge.
This also has to do with pre-knowledge of recommended psi as inscribed on the tires by the manufacturers. Once the air content of the tire is lower than the minimum recommended psi, then there is the need to reflate.
How do I inflate a completely flat tire?
Check first for the cause of deflation; it may be malfunctioning of the valve or sharp object piercing through the tire. You may be able to inflate the tire right away if it leaks air slowly.
But if damage to the tire caused it to become completely flat, you’ll want to repair the tire before inflating it, or it may become flat again very quickly.
Should the tire be pierced by sharp object leading to deflation and complete flatness, a quick remedy will be to change to spare and repair the damaged one before inflation.
But if its due to valve malfunctioning, (provided the damage is not too pronounced), connect an air pump to the tire’s valve stem and pump air into the tire to reflate to the maximum psi which will save time and reduce leakage most especially when the distance to cover is longer and the vehicle is on speed.
What of if the tire is damaged?
To repair the damage to the tire, you can plug a small hole with a tire repair kit, but the best permanent fix is to remove the tire from the rim and patch it from the inside by removing the wheel lug nuts and raising the car with the jack.
If then you are not with the complete kit, service stations or auto repair centers can do this for you.
How much psi do I need to fill my tire?
Most tire manufacturers do inscribe the minimum and maximum psi required by the side of the tires. This mostly range from 30 to 35psi depending on the weight and capacity of the vehicle.
How long does it take to fill a tire with air?
This comparatively is dependent on the type of air compressor or inflator being used (as auto and battery-operated inflators work faster than manuals) and also the amount of air loss from the tire.
However, it can range from a minimum of 30 seconds to maximum of 5minutes.
What is an appropriate air pressure for my tire?
This differs according to manufacturers’ specification and recommendations. Having the correct tire pressure is extremely important for getting good gas mileage and the most life out of your tires.
Your car has a recommended tire pressure that will give the best gas mileage, handling and tire life for that car — and it’s written right on the vehicle’s door panel.
That’s the one you should follow when filling them up with air to the recommended pressure, measured in pounds per square inch, or psi. Most passenger cars will recommend 32 psi to 35 psi in the tires when they’re cold.
Tire temperature increases when in use on the road due to friction and interface with the tarred road thereby generating heat and increasing both the temperature and the air pressure. To get your accurate reading, make sure the car has been sitting overnight or at least has been parked for a few hours.
At what psi will a tire explode?
Do not inflate your tires to the maximum pressure listed on the tire itself. That number is the maximum pressure the tire can hold, not the recommended pressure for the vehicle.
In most cases, air pressure in the tire increases as its being heated up by road temperature while on the move so fixing maximum psi will lead to over inflation which will give you a bouncy ride and an ill-handling car which may invariably lead to tire explosion.
Our recommendation will be leaving your actual tire psi between the recommended minimum and maximum psi for safety reason and smooth ride.
Can air compressor be an alternative to air inflator?
An air compressor is a device that pumps air, and usually has a tank that runs from AC directly from a wall outlet. It is heavier, larger than inflators and usually work with pistons that compress the air, and therefore need more power to create more pressure while an inflator is a one-hand operated air pump used in pumping air into tires.
Therefore, for the purpose of reflating your flat tires while on the move, an air inflator will be more appropriate while one can acquire air compressor for home or industrial use as the case may be.
List of best tire inflator for cars
1. TIREWELL 12V Tire Inflator-Heavy Duty Double Cylinders:
Built with rubber stand which allows for firm grip to the floor and stability thereby making the air compressor more powerful.
Its fuselage four-rod design reduces vibration and noise and enhances performance.The two cylinders compress air simultaneously to inflate faster and with degree of efficiency.
Tirewell 12V tire inflator is equipped with 5m extension hose and high-quality battery compartment which makes for easy battery accessibility from the vehicle. It is suitably recommended for SUVs, trucks, vans, RVs, trailers, minivans, cars and motorcycles.
Peculiar Features are:
- Double cylinder air compressor for quick tire inflation
- 5m extension hose for easy access to power source through vehicle battery
- Rubber fixed stand for stability and efficient compressor performance
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Easy battery connection and disconnection
- Four-rod design attachment to reduce vibration and noise
- Suitable for SUVs, trucks, ATVs, minivans, pickups, golf carts, cars and motorcycles.
- Maximum pressure of 150psi.
-Power: DC12V, 15A
-Max Pressure: 150 PSI
2. JACO Smart Pro Digital Tire Inflator pump:
JACO Smart Pro Digital tire Inflator is efficient with a built-in digital air gauge fixed with a bright LCD back light display measuring 0-100psi with precise accuracy of 1psi that illuminates at night for clearer visibility.
Configured to automatically shut off at a preset PSI target level, JACO Smart Pro Digital Tire Inflator is equipped with a heavy-duty, woven 24”air hose with a unique twist-connect nozzle ensuring a hands-free and secured seal to tire valve during inflation.
Carries additional 2 adapters that can be used for sport balls, airbeds and other inflatables. With its 10’ long reach power cord, access to all four tires and power source is made easy.
Peculiar Features are:
- Faster inflation period, sound-proof and efficient.
- Preset system/auto shut off.
- Inflates tire at an impressive rate of 25l/minute
- Packaged with 10’long reach power cord for easy access to four tires and power (battery) source.
- packaged with premium quality power adapter
- Fixed with an in-built bright LED light 4 feature settings of: off, flashlight, red flashing and emergency SOS.
- Accompanied with a digital air gauge and an LCD back light that illuminates at night.
- Suitable for car, truck or SUVs.
-Gauge Range: 0-100 PSI
-Inflation Range: 0-45PSI(auto tires), 0-100 PSI(bike tires)
-Accuracy: +/- 1 PSI
-Power Source: 12V DC
3. Kensun AC/DC Rapid Performance Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator with Digital Display for Home (110V) and Car (12V):
Kensun Rapid performance compressor is built to inflate from your heavy-duty car tires to your beach ball, highly equipped to achieve perfect pressure for any of your outdoor or indoor needs. Can be adaptable to your home wall socket AC, to your car cigarette light socket DC.
With its digital preset and attachment nozzle, it can inflate anything from your car tire, stroller wheels, bike, balls, beach toys. Its digital pressure gauge comes with LCD display and unit conversion, a digital preset function for easy delivering the required pressure.
It has a two-attachment nozzle for multiple uses and its white LED work light for easy illumination especially in the dark.
Peculiar Features are:
- LCD screen to monitor and adjust the settings
- Preset system/Auto shut off function
- A reliable carrying bag with handle, for easy move around and to package wires and its accessories.
- Led light, a bright spot light for easy use when working in your car.
- Adaptation to both home wall socket AC and car cigarette lighter socket DC
- Suitable for car, truck, SUV, beach ball, inflated pool. Outdoor and indoor use.
-Inflation time: AC – 5 mins; DC – 5.5 mins.
-Black woven hose (outer length): 23.6in (60cm).
-Cable length: AC – 5ft 10.8in (1.8m); DC – 10ft 9.9in (3.3m).
-Maximum current: <10A.
-Air flow rate: 7.9gpm (30L/min).
-Operating temperature: 14 to 140 degrees F
4. Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator:
Astro digital inflator is built with a new 21” stainless braided hose to deliver quality service and for durability. With a maximum accuracy and 0.1 psi resolution for use with tire pressure monitoring system.
Built with a large face back lit LCD digital for clear visibility. It is covered with extra sleeve for extra comfort and durability. Comprises two position levers, where the first position deflates and the second position inflates.
An added advantage of air gauge is present in it as it offers you an inflator. Designed with a dual AAA battery power, which gives a better battery life. Gives you a simplified battery installation for easy assembling.
Peculiar features are:
- Easy to install battery port and a lasting battery life
- Durable steel braided hose, comes with a flexible stainless braided hose for durability.
- Lock-On Air Chuck, comes with a heavy-duty brass chuck clips which holds onto valve stem for easy handling and one-hand operation.
- An inflator with an air gauge all in one is an added advantage to its user.
- Displays KG, PSI or BAR measurement
5. Viair 45043 Automatic Function Portable Compressor:
The Viair Automatic portable air compressors will inflate tire sizes up to 275/80/22.5 tires to a max of 150PSI with ease. Viair automatic function is built with a 35 feet Air hose for easy inflation.
Includes an automatic shutoff function that powers down the unit when the compressor is turned on but not in use at that moment.An easy connect inflation hose with a tire inflation gun and a rubber over mold pressure gauge. Heavy duty dual battery clamp with 40amp inline fuse.
Although intended for RV use, this compressor comes with accessories for many other different inflation need and so can be used for virtually any tire. Makes your filling process effortless and easy as the compressor is only active when you pull the trigger on the inflation gun.
Peculiar features are:
- Heavy duty dual battery clamps with inline fuse
- Comes with a heavy-duty deluxe carry bag for easy transportation
- Diamond plate sand tray for vibration resistant.
- Primary and extension coil air hoses that are 60ft tall
- Automatic shut off function to save you time and effort while inflating tires
- Easy connection to the valve stem
- Tire inflation gun with 160 psi gauge
- 45degree chuck and a 90degree twist on chuck for easy access to rear tires when you find it hard to get to the inner tire’s valve stem.
- Suitable for RV tires, truck and accessories for many other inflation purpose
-150PSI Max Working Pressure
-2.3CFM Free Flow @ 0 PSI
-Power Cord: 8″ Air Hose: 60′ 12-Volt
-Amp Draw: 30 Amps
-Duty Cycle: 33 percent @ 100 PSI Max
6. BOSTITCH BTFP02012-WPK 6-Gallon 150 PSI Oil-free compressor:
The Bostitch Gallon compressor is portable and lightweight. It features an oil free pump which doesn’t require tough maintenance. It has a high efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application.
A narrow tank diameter and lightweight which makes unit easy to carry and store. Paired with two universal couplers to easily support two user’s usage. Low operation noise level for a quiet working environment. Maximum tank storage of 150 PSI for long tool run time with quick recovery.
Peculiar features are:
- A low noise level of 80DBA while in use which gives a quiet working environment.
- Portable and lightweight compressor
- Maximum tank storage of 150PSI
- Air Consumption at 40 PSI (SCFM)
- Oil free maintenance pump which helps eliminate risk of oil stains on working surface
- High efficiency motor for easy startup in cold weather
- Dual coupler for multiple user/usage
-2.6 SCFM @ 90PSI
-150PSI max working pressure
– Tank Size = 6-gallon
-50′ Air Hose
7. DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor:
Dewalt pancake compressor features a Long-life oil free pump for easy maintenance and a high efficiency motor for easy startup in cold weather. 30lb weight which makes it easy to carry and store and a convenient cord wrap for easy storage.
Features high flow regulator and couplers which maximizes its air tool performance and a ball drain valve for easy and thorough draining. This unit offers 75.5 dBA noise level for a quiet work setting with a console cover that is removable to allow easy repair.
It has two universal couplers to easily support two users and its rubber leg cover for stability.
Peculiar features are:
- Ball drain valve for easy & thorough draining.
- Oil free pump for easy maintenance.
- Convenient cord wraps for easy storage
- Two universal couplers to easily support two users
- High efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather
- Rubber leg cover for stability
- High flow regulator and couplers which offers which maximizes its air tool performance
- 30lb weight which makes it easy to carry
-165 max PSI
-6.0gallon tank (22.7 L)
-2.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI pump
-75.5 dBA noise level
8. Excell U256PPE 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor:
Excell oil free 6gallon pancake air compressor is the perfect unit for all of your inflation needs with a fully enclosed motor and pump components which protect them from job site abuse while the integrated heavy-duty handle provides job site durability.
It is paired with a 6gallon pancake air tank and low voltage start up, it is great for your car tires. It features an oil free pump for easy maintenance.
Peculiar features are:
- Oil free maintenance pump
- Maximum Pressure of 150PSI
- Conveniently located control panels to puts your gauges, regulator
- Enclosed motor and pump component
- Low voltage startup capability
- Suitable for car tires
- 6gallon air tank
-150 max PSI
-400 ft. extension cord
-Cold weather starts as low as -24° F (-31° C
-Low voltage startup of 64V
While you already know inflators are a must have in your car, this are some quality proven inflators that are portable and easy to read that could help you in making a good buying choice, and some answers that could help in your curiosity concerning inflating your tires.
We hope you find our list of best inflators and the guide helpful in making a good buying choice. If you have any comment or questions please leave them in the comment box below we will be glad to hear from you and also help.