The discoverer true north is a studless ice and snow winter tire from Cooper, it is designed for coupes, sedans, crossovers and SUVs. The true north is engineered with latest technologies to provide exceptional winter performance, excellent snow, slush and ice traction. Also, it gives good grip, confident handling and responsive steering.
It is branded with the three peak mountain snowflake symbol (3PMSF) which confirms it meets the industry winter performance abilities.
The true north is available in sizes 15 to 20. In this Cooper discoverer true north review we will get to know more about the tire from the technology used in building this tire to its features and performance.
For what driver
The discoverer true north is designed for drivers of coupes, sedans, crossovers and SUV that desire an exceptional winter tire. To plow through winter driving conditions, cut through the ice with ease, give confident handling and deliver great performance through this season.
About Cooper Discoverer True North
As stated earlier the true north Cooper is a studless ice and snow winter tire. Engineered for daily commuters who drive on plowed and treated roads. And deal with slush black ice and drive through the toughest winter conditions as it gives exceptional traction in this conditions. The cooper discoverer true north gives a great winter performance and still you will get the comfort of a touring tire when driving.
Has high density siping, snow groove technology, noiseless abilities on dry surface, severe winter rating and resistant towards hydroplaning. The tire is created with the feedback gotten from experienced drivers on what a quality winter tire should be.
If you speak of quiet winter tires, tires that can handle snow storm, tires that can plow its way without slipping, tires that will give you safety, put you in control of your vehicle, tires with exceptional stopping grip, that gives you nice soft ride, tires that will improve your braking and handling dramatically then my friend you can speak of the Discoverer true North.
This is one of the best winter tires and it will be a good pick for you this winter. However, Cooper recommended that the Discoverer True North should be mounted in sets of four only to provide the optimum performance and give the best handling.]
- Great grip and performance on wet driving surface
- Superior grip on ice and snow
- M+S rated
- Snow to snow traction
- Good stopping distance
- Good handling when braking, accelerating and turning
- Good steering response
- Great traction on slush covered roads
- Off road capabilities on unpaved surfaces such as dirt, mud or gravel.
- 3PMSF brand for excellent winter performance.
- The Discoverer True North has the highest silica content of any cooper winter tire in the compound used in its construction.
- Wide tread blocks in its outboard shoulder enhances its lateral grip and this gives better traction on dry surface
- Higher void ratio in the middle of its tread and inboard shoulder aids better wet performance.
- Winter compound with high sipe density for enhanced traction on wet, snow and ice driving surface
- Circumferential center groove and wide lateral notches to improve hydroplaning resistance by evacuating water or slush out of its path.
- Two ply polyester casing in its internal construction for tire durability and enhanced comfort when driving.
- Two wide steel belts and single-ply nylon reinforcement for better handling and high speed capabilities.
This tire is not equipped with tread life warranty from Cooper. However, it comes with first 2/32 inch of wear workmanship and material warranty then prorated until the last 2/32 inch of depth remaining. And it also comes with 45 days road test warranty, so you can try it out and if you are not satisfied within this number of days, you can return them.
195/65R15 91T, 195/60R15 88T
225/65R16 100T, 205/60R16 92H, 215/60R16 95H, 225/60R16 98T, 205/55R16 91H, 215/55R16 97H
245/70R17 110T, 225/65R17 102T, 235/65R17 104T, 245/65R17 107T, 225/60R17 99T, 235/60R17 102T, 205/55R17 95H, 215/55R17 94H, 225/55R17 97H, 235/55R17 95H, 205/50R17 93H, 215/50R17 95H, 225/50R17 98H, 215/45R17 91H, 225/45R17 94H
235/65R18 106T, 255/65R18 111T, 265/65R18 114T, 225/60R18 100T, 235/60R18 107T, 245/60R18 105T, 265/60R18 110T, 225/55R18 98H, 235/55R18 100H, 245/55R18 103H, 225/50R18 95T, 235/50R18 97H, 225/45R18 95H, 235/45R18 98H, 245/45R18 100H
235/55R19 105H, 245/55R19 103T
235/55R20 102H, 245/50R20 102H, 265/50R20 107T
- Quiet on dry driving surface
- Excellent winter performance
- Good grip on snow, ice and wet
- Noisy on wet surface
From all the information we got while compiling this Cooper Discoverer True North review for you, we say this tire will be a good pick this winter season, especially if you experience snow and ice or drive through the toughest winter conditions. If you have a review of this tire, question or comment, drop it in the comment box below, we will be glad to hear from you.