Cooper Tire has expanded its Work Series line of tires with the introduction of its new ASD, ASA and AWD tires. The three tires are specially designed for vocational, utility and regional deliveries. They are suitable for haulage trucks, passenger cars, UTVs, CUVs, SUVs, delivery vans and basically for class 4 – 6 trucks and vans.
The work series ASD (all-steel drive) tire is an open shoulder steel-belted drive tire, while the work series ASA (all-steel all-position) tire is an all-position, steel-belted tire with a less aggressive tread pattern.
The cooper work series AWD (all-weather drive) tire is the first commercial tire to feature Cooper’s snow groove technology.
Cooper AWD (All-Weather Drive)
Cooper’s all-weather drive (AWD) is a commercial tire for regional deliveries that comes with snow groove technology certified with 3PMSF to confirm its outstanding all-weather performance.
The AWD tire is for regional fleets requiring extra grip and traction and is available in three sizes of 295/75R22.5 LR G, 11R22.5 LR H, and 11R24.5 LR H.
It features an industry-leading full replacement value warranty for the first 50 percent of tread wear.
- The Cooper AWD has an open shoulder design with tightly packed center tread blocks that are highly siped.
- Built around a four steel-belt casing, the Cooper AWD tire is highly retreadable.
- Cooper Work series AWD is built with full-depth 3D sipes that enhances good traction.
- It comes with an interlocking tread built to maintain stability while cornering.
- The tire features 26/32” of tread depth and a wide footprint for long miles to removal.
- AWD tire has wide snow groves separating the three inner tread blocks with the outside ribs. This allows snow to pack in the tire, enhancing traction.
- It has staggered and zigzag tread blocks to promote optimum traction in all weather conditions
- Cooper’s all-weather drive (AWD) comes with 3PMSF certification to confirm its outstanding all-weather performance.
- Its shoulder pockets provide additional traction “bite” in tough driving conditions.
- Cooper’s Work series AWD comes with a unique tread package specifically designed for fleets running in the worst of conditions.
Work series ASD and ASA tires
The ASD and ASA work series tires are targeted towards the growing final mile marketplace where smaller vehicles requiring 19.5-inch size tires are used.
The two tires can withstand punishment from constant curbing. They are engineered with an extra strip of rubber on the sidewall which helps ensure the integrity of the sidewall.
The tires also will perform well for vocational trucks such as utility vehicles, bucket trucks and ambulances.
To work well with EMT and ambulance operations work series ASA and ASD come with an ‘N ‘speed rating which assures driver of safety even while on top speed to deliver.
Cooper ASD (All-Steel Drive)
The Cooper work series ASD is an 18/32” open shoulder drive tire designed for regional pick-up and other delivery applications.
With Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certification the Cooper ASD provides the traction required for all weather conditions.
This low-cost-of -ownership tire is all about savings including a casing designed and warranted for multiple retreads and a full replacement value warranty for the first 50% of tread wear.
The All Steel Drive (ASD) tire is an open shoulder steel-belted drive tire with a less aggressive tread pattern available in only one size of 245/70R19.5 for now.
- The ASD tire features shoulder tie bars to ward off irregular wear thus providing stability and enhanced performance.
- The new ASD tire features special designed shoulder ribs which allow for good traction.
- The tire comes with stone ejectors located between the tread blocks which help resist stone drilling while helping to maintain casing integrity.
- The Work Series ASD tire has scrub-resistant compounding and all-steel casing construction for long life. It has a specurb bar and stone ejectors combine to resist hazards commonly found in urban deliveries.
- The tire is built with aisle sipes near its edge which help in controlling irregular wear.
- Its large and durable tread blocks enhance wear and handling
- The tire comes with chevron grooves that provide additional biting edges for traction
Cooper ASA (All-Steel All-position)
The all steel all position (ASA) tire is an all-position steel-belted tire with a less aggressive tread pattern available in sizes 225/70R and 245/70R for Class 4-6 trucks and vans.
The tire features 17/32” of tread depth in a five rib pattern. Designed for the steer position, the tire can also be used as a drive tire for those running in operations where extra traction is not essentially required.
- Work series ASA tire has scrub resistant compounding and all-steel casing construction for long life.
- Also, comes with a Specurb bar and stone ejectors combine to resist hazards commonly found in urban deliveries.
- The tire features Cooper’s unique wear square tread wear indicators squared on the tire’s shoulder ribs to show the tread depth through five different evolving image icons. A “square” shows full tread depth, while an “L” shape shows half the tread is left. An icon also shows when the tire should be pulled for replacement or retreading due to the remaining treads depth.
- The wear-square tread wear indicators placed on both sides of the Work series ASA tire also serve as an alignment indicator. If the icons did not match, the tire technician knows there is an alignment problem or uneven tire issue and can take corrective measures.
- Large, durable tread blocks enhance wear and handling
- Chevron grooves provide additional biting edges for traction
- Good traction
- Longer tread life
- Great handling
- All weather (AWD only)
- No tread life warranty
Cooper works series ASD; ASA and AWD tires offer a full replacement value warranty for the first 50% of tread wear.
Cooper Tire recently launched ASD, ASA and AWD work series line of tires designed for vocational cars, utility vans and regional delivery trucks.
The Cooper’s all-weather drive (AWD) commercial tire is for regional deliveries while the ASD and ASA work series tires are targeted towards the growing final mile marketplace where smaller vehicles requiring 19.5-inch size tires are used.
While the AWD can cope adequately in all-weather conditions, both ASD and ASA tires can withstand punishment from constant curbing.
The three tires come with great handling and robust technologies. We hope you will find our review of the three informative towards making a buying decision.
If you have a comment, question or review of this tire, drop it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.