Continental’s new IceContact XTRM is a studded winter tire designed in collaboration with Groupe Touchette, Canada, recently introduced with combined characteristics needed to combat extreme snow and wintry situations.
Targeting vehicles such as full-size compact cars, crossovers, SUVs, and pickup trucks, the Icecontact is available in 46 different sizes of 15 to 22” rim diameter for winter in 2020 with an additional 45 sizes coming up in the year 2021.
This tire (with or without studs) is 3PMS winter-certified making it desirable and usable for acute winter situations.
The process that produced Continental IceContact XTRM did not have the aim to re-brand an existing tire but to develop a new tire, entirely designed with no compromise on quality, yet with added value for performance.
The tire presents a new tread design and a unique stud technology for exceptional grip on ice and greatly improved handling on snowy roads with reduced road noise for a comfortable ride.
The new XTRM comes with no tread-life warranty for now, but with a limited warranty and adjustment policy of replacement for a maximum of the first 12 months from the date of purchase or the 2/32” of wear applicable to all brands of Continental tires.
Continental IceContact XTRM
The Ice Contact XTRM is available exclusively with new improved technology for exceptional grip on ice and greatly improved handling on snowy roads.
The tire guarantees a lesser tread noise level, thereby giving rise to a more enjoyable cruise.
Continental’s new IceContact tire designed in conjunction with Groupe Touchette combines all the required features needed to face variable winter conditions as they are presented by weather.
Targeting a wide range of vehicles such as full-size compact cars, crossovers, and SUVs, the tire will significantly contribute to the company’s positioning as a leader in the winter products category considering its design, specific attributes, performance criteria, and new technology employed.
- The IceContact XTRM comes with predominant main lateral grooves that allow better traction in the snow and enhance slush evacuation.
- It comes with highly structured design grooves of nine side elements providing a better grip on ice and snow.
- With or without studs, XTRM is three-peak-mountain-snowflake certified as a directional tire designed for winter conditions.
- The tire has a new tread design and unique stud technology for exceptional grip on ice and greatly improved handling on snowy roads.
- Its triStar studs produced by Tikka in Finland exclusively for Continental offers better grip on ice (in all directions) as compared to standard round studs.
- Made with an 11 mm length of lightweight aluminum, the stud head in the tire promotes better lateral grip on ice compared to directional studs which help to reduce road wear.
- Its stud retention technology uses a coating that is strengthened up to four times strength-capacity thus allowing for 5% additional grip on ice.
- The tire features a new tread design and unique stud technology for exceptional grip on ice and greatly improved handling on a snowy road and reduced road noise.
Continental XTRM comes with no tread-life warranty for now, but with a limited warranty and adjustment policy of replacement for a maximum of the first 12 months from the date of purchase or the 2/32” of wear.
- 3PMSF winter-certified
- Good traction on icy and wintry roads
- Great handling
- Lower road noise
- No tread-life warranty for now
This tire is built with noise-emission technology which reduces road noise and ensures a smooth and comfortable ride.
The Ice Contact XTRM tire is 3PMSF winter-certified meaning that it can be used in all wintry conditions with other characteristics required for effective performance.
The new Continental IceContact XTRM tire is one of the quality products of Groupe Touchette Incorporated, the largest Canadian-owned tire distributor reputable for superior service and recognized for its expertise for more than 4 decades now.
The tire is built with tread design and unique studding technology.
The Ice Contact XTRM tire promises you excellent traction on icy roads, as well as great handling on snow.
With this Ice Contact fitted to your crossover and SUV, you sure will enjoy an exceptional grip on ice with greatly improved handling on snowy roads.
We hope you find our review explicit enough to guide your choice making.
If you have a comment, question, or review of this tire drop it in the box below.
We will be glad to hear from you.